Saturday, February 4, 2017

rainy day

I haven't felt much like posting lately - a friend of mine expressed it well when she said she was reevaluating her blog because she didn't want to just write glorified trip adviser reviews. Especially as so much is going on back home it feels downright irresponsible to stick to food and museum reviews like any other time. But there are two reasons I'm not going political with the blog. #1) As I mentioned before - The Hatch Act.  Writing about US policy, while not forbidden if it isn't partisan, would require me to get my posts cleared by the department and as we know, there's nothing that feels less like speaking your own mind than submitting your writing to the clearance process. And #2) I feel that if this were a political blog I'd have to be much more serious and responsible about it and it is just a hobby. 

So!

Here are some photos of the Terme di Diocleziano (Baths of Diocletian) - a solidly second tier tourist attraction that I recommend if you run out of other stuff and like ruins a lot.  It's a good way to get a sense of the scale of ancient Rome - and a sobering reminder that nothing lasts forever.



Wish I could explain this but I'm just as mystified as you.








4 comments:

  1. Keep posting! I was contemplating starting a blog, but didn't want to jinx myself since I haven't taken my OA yet (Scheduled for May). You're blog has encouraged me to get started, and gives me hope of making it as an FSO and getting stationed in one of my favorite cities (Rome). Thanks for your insights!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for reading! When did you come to Rome? Any recommendations?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with your comment above from Worldwide Factors! Keep posting! I started my blog 5 years ago and find it enjoyable and therapeutic, and just knowing that it helps others means a lot to me. Your photos are lovely, thank you so much for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with your comment above from Worldwide Factors! Keep posting! I started my blog 5 years ago and find it enjoyable and therapeutic, and just knowing that it helps others means a lot to me. Your photos are lovely, thank you so much for sharing.

    ReplyDelete