Wednesday, March 2, 2016

Out-of-towner

I'm all set up on the couch tonight, with my smoothie and my book club book, carefully ignoringmy exercise equipment, feeling right at home.

But there are still occasional reminders that I'm not really from around here. For example - a couple weeks ago the streets were mysteriously peppered with confetti and streamers. Not just one street but all over the place. I would walk out to get groceries and find myself lost. Was there a party? Or lots of parties? What were we celebrating? (Was there food involved?) This wasn't just a one time mystery, it happened for days. Then the following week the secret partying seemed to have died down as quietly as it started. 


Seriously Rome, why wasn't I invited to this party?

Here's hoping by this time next year I'm celebrating right alongside the Romans. 

No comments:

Post a Comment