Wednesday, March 9, 2016

Milan

So, Milan...what can I say?

I was only there for 24 hours this time around, and sadly the weather really wasn't cooperating, so I hope I'll be back someday to do it justice. But in the meantime, I can give you my initial impressions at least.

The main takeaway is that Milan really isn't much like Rome. It felt like a city in Germany instead - especially the architecture, but also things like public transportation, and the wide availability of food that isn't either pizza or pasta. Oh, and everyone dressed just like how you'd imagine Italians dressing - no offense Rome, but the Milanesi spend some serious time and treasure on their clothes.

As I may have mentioned, Milan was cold. Like rainy, windy, 30's cold. So I only took about 5 or 6 photos. And, true to form, it's all architecture. What can I say, I'm a creature of habit!

All the architectural styles, at the same time!

Taller than all the buildings in Rome put together! Or close anyway.

Reminds me of some of the Expo pavilions. I wonder who got the idea from whom?

I know this isn't the greatest picture of these buildings, but how cool are they? They are collectively the Bosco Verticale (vertical forest). For a better photo try this one from wikipedia.

 
Up close you can see the actual trees set into the facade.

No comments:

Post a Comment