Thursday, January 14, 2016

Rome, Everyday (29)

No picture for this one, but please check out this link. As a USG employee of course I can't comment on this gentleman's political views, but I wanted to post this article because it represents a facet of life in Italy that's just as present as the pasta, pizza and pastries so many people enjoy, but much less widely discussed. In fact, living here - and even studying the language with Italians back in DC - showed me that Italy can at times be a very conservative place, even in the midst of a continent that is often considered liberal by American standards. I'm sure this is no great revelation to some people, but every once in a while it really does surprise me.

And of course it's worth remembering that as in the U.S. there are some politicians that tend to be a bit more controversial than others.

No comments:

Post a Comment