Saturday, November 21, 2015

Berlin

Two weeks ago I had the opportunity to travel to Berlin for work and while I have to say that I haven't been that cold in a very long time, it was still a really excellent trip and I enjoyed the chance to get away and meet up with a number of colleagues posted to other countries in the region.

Mostly I was working and attending representational functions in the evening, but I stayed downtown and did get a chance to see quite a bit just in passing.

My overall impression was that Berlin is very modern - clean, organized, cosmopolitan - and of course, very cold. ;)

Here's the Brandenburg Gate, right next to the US Embassy.

A statue in the Tiergarten park - I loved this park and as my colleagues can attest I wanted to spend every free moment here, wandering around.

Side view if the brandenburg Gate and the Reichstag

A Berlin Wall exhibit

Potsdamer Platz

Memorial to the Murdered Jews of Europe

Another view of the Memorial - while there were no informational plaques or anything the memorial alone was very moving.
Part of a mini Christmas market set up in Potsdamer Platz.

No comments:

Post a Comment