Sunday, June 21, 2015

17 down, 7 to go

Yikes!

Two weeks since my last post and I don't have much to say for myself. I haven't been out on the town much (with the exception of Friday afternoon when I hit jazz at the sculpture garden, the USDA farmer's market, some sort of astronomy meet-up on the mall, and a simulcast of an Iranian musical performance in one action packed afternoon). I tried a bike ride but my just-fixed bike broke again within sight of my front door so you know... no outdoor exercising for me lately. That includes running on surfaces other than the treadmill. It's just plain too hot to be outside, away from my trusty water bottle, when I run. Maybe it's just me but spring felt awfully short this year.

I do know that now that it's summer I ought to be doing something fun with my life but to be honest, it's mostly just studying lately. Lots and lots of studying. At least it's a bit more rewarding now - somehow in the past couple of weeks I went from that stage of language learning where you feel like you might actually be getting worse every day, to the stage where you wake up one morning and realize that it's all starting to come together after all. This realization of course is met with about 5% relief and 95% anxiety as you realize just how close that end of training test really is.

So yeah. Language training - it is what it is.

Next time I promise pictures and excitement, even if I have to make it up myself.




No comments:

Post a Comment