Sunday, April 19, 2015

The most wonderful time of the year

That's right, I'm talking about Cherry Blossom time, the unofficial start of tourist season and one of my favorite events of the year in DC. Sadly this year the weather was a bit disappointing until the very end of the festival. My parents were here over Easter, but even though it was only a week too early there was a whole lot of nothing to see during their visit. (Sorry guys!) But in the end spring couldn't hide forever.

Last weekend, I - and the entire East coast from the look of things - finally made a trip over to the tidal basin to see the blossoms. And finally, they didn't disappoint.




Standing room only along the water's edge! The crowds were actually really unpleasant until I gave up on trying to have a 'nature moment' and just started enjoying people-watching.

 
As you may have noticed, the Cherry Blossoms weren't all that pink, so I used my handy photo-editing skills to give nature a little help.
 

Ahh, that's more like it!
 
 
Well, that's it for this weekend! Ci vediamo faithful reader!

No comments:

Post a Comment