Sunday, March 8, 2015

Time to revive the video of the week

So, no major updates to report - last week was quite enough trauma and excitement for me.

I did learn this week that I will unfortunately not be running in the Cherry Blossom 5k this spring. (Did I mention I was doing couch to 5k mostly so I could participate in the race? No? Well, now I did.) much to my disappointment it turns out you have to register in advance, and then they actually have a lottery to see who - of the people who were smart enough to register - actually gets to run. What is the world coming to when there are so many people who like to exercise that they can't all be accommodated? 

I will have to console myself with the other big events I was planning to try in DC this fall. There's truckeroo, and Opera in the Outfield and the Folklife festival (featuring Peru this year). I'm hoping I'll be around for some good shows at the Kennedy Center or Wolf Trap too (though nothing could beat the time I saw Casablanca there with the NSO performing the music live).

And on a totally unrelated note, please enjoy some music recommended by my textbook. 




And just in case the embed didn't work click on the link.



No comments:

Post a Comment