Saturday, February 14, 2015

Is winter almost done yet?

Just thought I'd share some pictures from my walk last week when the weather was lovely. Everyone was out running - there was so much peer pressure that I ended up hitting the Mt. Vernon trail myself for a bit. Can't wait til it's nice out every day! I have big plans to complete the couch to 5k running program this spring. We'll see how I feel about that once I get to the runs where you don't get a break every 60 seconds.

This weekend the plan is to hide from the cold and watch tv...particularly now that a blizzard seems to have sprung up out of nowhere. And maybe I'll do some post research if I feel really motivated. 

I did manage to get out today with some friends from A-100 to Chinatown for dim sum (pretty good and not as expensive as expected) and took my bike in to Pheonix Bikes to get it put back together. (Long story short - they had to disassemble it to get it in the UAB box and my efforts at re-assembling the bike were ... less than successful to say the least.) Check out their website if you're looking for a bike to purchase or need any repairs. It's a great program that teaches kids to fix bikes and lets them fix up donated bikes and keep them. Certainly worth supporting with your business or donations.


No comments:

Post a Comment