Thursday, February 5, 2015

Back to work!

I started back up at FSI this week and I have to say, it feels good to have a little structure in my life again.

I've been settling in and even with the welcome arrival of all my UAB stuff it has still been expensive. I once read that a family has to budget ten thousand dollars for home leave to cover flights, hotels, food and all the rest. While my leave wasn't anywhere near that expensive (thanks mom and dad for hosting!) all this constant transitioning does add up. Every day this week I had to hit up the grocery store and each time I thought something along the lines of 'too bad I left that basil plant (or vegetable oil or bottle of mouthwash...) back in Nigeria'. And seven months from now I'll start the whole process over again. I better start saving up now!

I also started breaking in my 'Essentials of Classic Italian Cooking' book. So far I've learned that Italian cooking takes a long time! But the results have been pretty spectacular. I especially love how the Italians seem to be able to make simple vegetables taste like a million bucks. Can't wait to eat the real thing when I get there!

No comments:

Post a Comment