Friday, January 23, 2015

In the news

There's an article in the New York Times today about Nigeria's upcoming elections. If you're interested I urge you to check it out.

I have intentionally avoided talking about Nigeria's politics on the blog for the most part since I don't want there to be any confusion between my personal feelings and the official policies of the US government. I have definitely been tempted to break that rule in the past though, especially when it comes to issues like the kidnapping of the Chibok girls or some of the recent attacks in Nigeria's north.

Now, as the article states, an important and rather tense election is coming up and once again, there is a lot I'd like to discuss, but not on the blog. Instead let me just say to my friends in Nigeria - both local and expat - I'll be thinking of you over the coming weeks. Please stay safe!

No comments:

Post a Comment