Friday, April 11, 2014

On the menu

Clearly I haven't been taking much time away from my youtube habit for blogging lately. What can I say? I could quit any time I wanted to.

But I do still intend to educate and entertain. So here's a sample of what I've been googling and planning to cook this week.

First up - Shakshuka.
Whenever I rave about Nigerian tomato stew (still haven't found a great recipe for this, otherwise I'd share it) people counter that I should really try shakshuka, apparently a middle-eastern equivalent.

So here's the recipe I'm attempting this weekend, from a perennial favorite - Smitten Kitchen.

Second - unsung foods of Africa
Check out this link from AFK insider. They've compiled a bunch of interesting recipes from around Africa. (The article is poorly named and there are a few too many from South Africa in my opinion, but they did the best they could I'm sure.) I'm planning to work my way through a few of these too.

Ok. That's all I've got. I could share the recipe I googled for key lime pie, but I decided it doesn't really fit the theme.

No comments:

Post a Comment