Saturday, December 7, 2013

living this moment

Well, it's been a big week!

I'm still excited about Rome, but someone recently reminded me that it's a year and a half away, so there's no real need to start planning or preparing anything. So I guess I'll set the idea of Rome on the shelf for awhile - something nice to look forward to but still a very distant reality.

In the meantime I still have a little over half my tour left in Nigeria and I want to make the most of it! I think I'll end up being out of town a lot this coming year. I still have two R&Rs left and I am also hoping to do a big trip to South Africa and Namibia sometime in the next few months.  Honestly the longer I'm here the more things I discover that I just can't miss out on. Stone churches, giant mosques in the desert, mountains and beaches, jungles and savannas, (lions and tigers and bears oh my!)... Africa is so addictive.

My goal for the next year is to enjoy as much as I can and live in this moment, not the 'Rome moment' that's coming up next.  That, and save some money! I realized with a jolt that I might have to scale back my spending expectations once the hardship pay goes away. 



Also - I'm actually away from Nigeria right now, in my 5th African country. I promise to update about this experience once I'm back in Lagos but for now I need to get out and enjoy it while I can!


No comments:

Post a Comment