Sunday, December 15, 2013

Back in Lagos

Just a short post tonight since I'm fighting off a super ultra mega headache and I'm still recovering from a very busy day in which I flew back from my TDY (temporary work assignment) in Liberia, unpacked and set up every single Christmas decoration that I own, went grocery shopping, and cooked a mini-thanksgiving meal (long story).

It's very nice to be home after three weeks in Monrovia. I had the chance to see what consular work is like in a different environment (small post, brand new embassy, different applicant profile, etc) and I learned a lot. The wonderful consular section in Monrovia taught me how to do immigrant visas (no small feat!) and DNA, and all sorts of other important consular tasks. And even better, they were my family in Liberia for the short time I was there.

I could write a lot about what I liked in Liberia (and which things I prefer in Lagos) but I'll save that for a day when I've got more creative juices flowing.  In the meantime, it's great to be sleeping in my own bed tonight (and cooking on my own stove, and digging through my own closet and ...)

Good night Lagos! I'm glad to be back!

No comments:

Post a Comment