Sunday, November 17, 2013

Yikes!

I've been a little side-tracked lately and forgot to update the blog.

But there's been a lot going on!

Since I wrote last I had two very awesome opportunities to travel outside the 'safety zone' and see Nigeria. I could not have been more excited to finally explore my host country and neither trip was disappointing. My impression?

Nigeria is jam-packed with interesting sights. We saw crumbling colonial architecture, towering waterfalls, wizened chiefs, universities, markets and plenty of welcoming Nigerians from all walks of life. I know it doesn't sound like a big deal, but as I've mentioned before life here can be pretty restricted and I've definitely been aching to expand my horizons. So a big thanks to the powers-that-be for authorizing this travel!

I'd like to add a couple places to my 'Tourist in Lagos' series, so a lot of my pictures from the travel will show up later. In the meantime, here are some random shots of random things. *apologize for the picture quality - as I am learning, windows on armored cars tend not to facilitate quality photography and most of my pictures were taken on the go.

 
A mama. I swear she insisted on having her picture taken.

I love all the little shops everywhere. Entrepreneurship is alive and well in Nigeria.

No explanation, but I kind of want my car painted by this guy.

Lots of the artifacts in the national museum also have this facial marking design. Will have to investigate further...

Just a shot of the countryside. 
Look at all that green, lovely isn't it?

No comments:

Post a Comment