Saturday, September 7, 2013

Out with the old...

What's that you ask? Why the boxes?  Didn't I just move into this apartment a few months ago?
 
Yes, sadly it's time to move again. My first move in Lagos was a breeze. I didn't have my UAB or my HHE yet and I was moving from what I hope is the worst housing in the FS to a place that I absolutely love, so the transition was easy and very welcome. 
 
This time I'm leaving behind a place that feels like home, (unfortunately filled with all the junk that makes it feel that way) and it's at best bittersweet. Don't get me wrong, the new place has a lot going for it. It's nicer, all my friends are living there, supposedly I'll be able to get some exponentially better Internet.... it's just that I got kind of attached to the old apartment (shown here now that it isn't USG housing anymore):


Check out that view - maybe not how you pictured Lagos, is it?

Just like my dad, I could spend hours on my balcony, staring at the clouds and the water and everything in between. Especially in a place like Lagos that is full of restrictions and boundaries it's so nice to have all that ...mental space to explore. 

This is also the first time as an adult that I've lived on the water and it's so addictive. I love watching the port. I can see everything from tiny fishing canoes to sail boats (when I'm not on one myself) to gigantic cargo ships. At all hours of the day something is busy moving around and it's relaxing just watching the world float by.

So goodbye old housing and hello new! I hope that the new place feels like home soon.

PS - this blog post uploaded from the new place, where the Internet is indeed faster and the view ain't bad either.

No comments:

Post a Comment