Monday, June 24, 2013

Rome

Ok, I admit, I clearly do not have the free time to really do my Italy vacation pictures justice, so I'm just going to wrap them up with this one last post about our time in Rome.

We spent three days in Rome and saw pretty much everything on the beaten path and a few nice little highlights off it as well.

I don't feel the need to narrate the pictures below because they're pretty self-explanatory. Long story short, we saw: the Coliseum, the Circus Maximus, the Roman Forum, the Borghese park and museum, the Spanish steps, the Trevi fountain, the Pantheon, the Piazza Navona, the Vatican (both the museums and St. Peter's), and lots of little neighborhoods and restaurants along the way. It took me about two days to stop giggling at the accent. (What can I say? It all sounded like a pizza commercial to me.)

Rome really blew me away after Lagos because it was so green and so walkable. Also, after living 5 months in Africa I found Rome (in May no less) a bit cold. Also, I really love the Italian architecture. Someday I should get a little apartment with a flower-covered balcony and maybe some handsome shutters that I can throw open when I want to be dramatic.

I've always told myself that I am not a 'Western-Europe' person, but this trip definitely sold me on the possibility of someday serving a tour in Italy. I definitely recommend a visit, though judging by the tourist throngs, no one's been waiting on my recommendation.





 
Ok. This concludes the Italy adventure, back to Africa!

No comments:

Post a Comment