Saturday, February 23, 2013

My next big project



The moment my car arrives I have a lot of plans for it - grocery shopping, picking up my dry-cleaning that got abandoned all the way across town, trying out new restaurants, cruising the 'strip' at Bar Beach with my music blasting (well, maybe not) - but there's one thing I'm particularly looking forward to....I'm going to join the Yacht Club.
 
Technically a person has to be invited in order to join the club, but I don't think that will be a problem. How could they not want a new member with no sailing experience or skill or yacht? I'm a shoe-in!
 
Seriously though, this club was one of the big things I was looking forward to before arriving in town and it is slowly driving me insane to see them out there every weekend, smugly enjoying themselves with the wind in their hair while I sit, like a chump, on dry land.
 
Anyway, keep your fingers crossed for me that my car will be released from the port this week (and that there will actually be dip plates available so I can drive it). In the meantime I'll be practicing my steely sailor look and shopping for some boat shoes.


1 comment:

  1. Yacht club! What a fantastic idea! Let me know how that turns out. I'd like to know just how picky these yacht people are about who joins their clubs.

    ReplyDelete