Saturday, November 24, 2012

Playlist for the weekend

Here's a link  to the song Yellow Fever, by Fela Kuti a singer from way back when.*
And here is one called Maajo, by King Sunny Ade. (Also pretty old.)*

I've also been listening to a few more modern singers (P-Square was recommended to me) and a Ghanian singer called ET Mensah. I've been exploring some Nigerian literature too, but obviously that's slower going. Wole Soyinka, Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie, Adaobi Nwaubani and several others are on my list so far. I think this is my favorite part of getting ready to move - the part where you dive into something completely unknown and embrace it. A little over a month now - I can't wait!

*My apologies that these aren't just embedded. Having trouble making it happen with the iPad... Hence the nickname I've given it - my imitation computer.

No comments:

Post a Comment