Wednesday, March 21, 2012

I'm back!

...and I'm very very tired. So I've decided to take a page out of The Guatemala Holla's book and post a picture a day from my travels. (Except I'm no photographer, so there will be no time-lapse, filters, or other fancy settings involved.) If/when I feel really energetic I might even supplement the pictures with some fun facts.


Above: Kampala
The city is, like Rome, built on 7 hills. I found it beautiful and every expat we talked to said it was one of the easiest cities in Africa to live in. There were comfortable restaurants sprinkled around town, several big grocery stores, and public transportation was pretty convenient.
I also surreptitiously scoped out Embassy Kampala and from the outside it seemed like a nice place to work.

All in all I liked Kampala and I'd love to see the rest of the country. Uganda will totally be a high bid if it shows up on my list in the future.

3 comments:

  1. You should know that the future Ambassador to Uganda (Scott DeLisi - his Senate hearing tomorrow) is quite possibly the best Ambassador ever. So, yes, bid on Kampala!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good to know! I'll cross my fingers for this one in the fall!

      Delete
  2. Hooray!

    - Matt (Guatemala Holla)

    ReplyDelete