Saturday, March 31, 2012

Back on track


Okay, so this week was a bit of a killer, but I'm finally back with more pictures of Uganda. This one is the taxi park. It was chaos. We almost got run over/squashed a half dozen times. However, we also got a bus ride for a ridiculously small sum and an authentic taste of inter-city travel in Uganda, so it was totally worth it.

As for life here in DC, I'm just plugging away with 5 weeks left in grad school. I owe you a full update on Pickering stuff soon, but I'll give that it's own post. Otherwise...
*I tasted my first Crumbs cupcake today - cherry blossom flavored in honor of the season - The filling was delicious, but the frosting was a bit too sweet for me.
*I met with a former State employee who just got back from Afghanistan (I wanted a little perspective about FSO work there for future reference.)
*I got ringworm in Uganda, but I'm better now.
*I started voice therapy to help me raise the volume of my voice. I've always had trouble projecting, so hopefully this will really help.

I've got a few more worthy Uganda pictures before I switch to the Istanbul stuff and eventually to all the flower pictures I'm taking in DC. By the time I run out of those maybe I can post something from South America!

No comments:

Post a Comment