Sunday, February 12, 2012

#80 Brideshead Revisited


Ha!

You thought I had forgotten my 100 best novels list forever, didn't you? But no, I was just way too busy with school and work and stuff. But I picked up a copy of Brideshead Revisited by Evelyn Waugh over break and committed to reading it in the bathtub and so eventually I managed to read a non-school book while going to school. I know, it was pretty heroic.

Anyway, the book was pretty good, and it wasn't nearly as boring as the title might imply. (Brideshead is an estate owned by a friend of the narrator. He revisits it in old age and remembers the relationships he had there.) I can't say that I would put it on my own top 100 list, but I didn't feel like plucking my eyes out either. Unlike with certain other books - ahem *soundandthefury*.

No comments:

Post a Comment