Friday, January 27, 2012

Update on stuff

It was 61 degrees when I woke up this morning. Sixty-one. I wish every winter was like this.

I got my shots for Uganda (and/or Bolivia I suppose). My arms felt like lead weights for two days. I also got a prescription for that malaria medicine that makes you hallucinate. I figured, why not spice things up a bit? (Actually, it's the option with the fewest pills, and since I can't swallow pills to save my life it seemed most appropriate.)

A car exploded outside my window a few days ago. No one was injured. The fire fighters did a great job.

I took a negotiation class last weekend and I can already feel the improvement in my negotiating abilities. In fact, it makes me want another try at that Group Exercise (if you'll remember, that's the one section I didn't pass at the OA). If you're interested, the book we used is Getting to Yes and it was very helpful, but there's no substitute for the in-class experience where you can test out strategies and get feedback on your style.



That's about it. I promise another newsy update when I find something interesting to say. Until then I might just leave you with interesting Bolivia pictures to get us all in the mood.

P.S. Oh, and we'll be practicing Spanish from now on.

Hasta luego!

No comments:

Post a Comment