Sunday, January 29, 2012

I held out as long as I could...

...but now I'm following twitter feeds.

I swear though, it's only for this one class. And it's Embassy La Paz, so I've got a perfectly legit reason.

Still, it's a slippery slope. I'm picturing me a month from now receiving a hundred tweets a minute and I'm cringing inside. I guess blogging isn't so far off though, is it?

In other news:
1) I met my old Serbian tutor today. We spoke for an hour (in Serbian) and it was comfortable but I can already tell that the Spanish studying is killing my Serbian skills. I broke down a couple times and even threw in a Sinhala word once or twice. Yuck.

I'm reading Hija de la Fortuna by Isabel Allende though, and that's helping.

2) I met yet another person trying out for the foreign service today. (Actually she's already on the register.) I can only conclude that the entire world is on the path to the Foreign Service since this must be the 5th person this month.

3) I saw the National Symphony Orchestra last night. They were fantastic.

No comments:

Post a Comment