Friday, September 16, 2011

You should totally go to this.

The Kennedy Center and Washington National Orchestra (and the ballpark I guess?) are teaming up to host Opera in the Outfield. Basically, they broadcast a live performance of Tosca in the ballpark and I think they even let you have a picnic on the field. It's once a year and, sadly, I can't make it. But you, faithful readers, should definitely go. I'm sure it will be awesome and edifying and plus someone has to go so they can tell the organizers that no one can do that kind of stuff on a Thursday night!!!

So anyway, have fun. I'll be having fun in class. Maybe I'll make the 5th annual next year when I'm in A-100.

And while I'm on the topic of cultural events, the National Book Festival is rolling back around. It's on the 24 and 25th (that's right people, a weekend, as God intended) on the National Mall and it's free.

I'll let you know what it's like if I manage to break away from writing papers, but no promises.

No comments:

Post a Comment