Monday, September 12, 2011

Why I strongly dislike health insurance

I was going to make dinner tonight. And finish some reading for class. And maybe catch up on my emails.

But no.

Instead I spent all afternoon on the phone with my insurance company, on hold, stating my name and birthdate and zipcode etc. and repeating my story until I was blue in the face. Squeezing in bites of eating cheese and crackers when I wasn't busy digging through stacks of insurance nonsense.

This is about the 20th time I've had to do this, all for the same claim. I cannot imagine how people who are also dealing with a major health crisis would ever make it through this process. Or people with small children. Or elderly people with hearing problems. Or people that have to work two jobs.

Utterly unacceptable.

2 comments:

  1. I feel your pain - my son broke my nose last month and I'm thinking about just leaving it crooked rather than deal with my insurance company again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha. I read that post and was both deeply amused and horrified. Maybe your son could get the insurance company to cooperate. He sounds pretty persuasive.

    ReplyDelete