Wednesday, September 14, 2011

What's making me happy today

Watching football online!

For those of us without TVs - a growing number I'm sure - and for those who live overseas and only get the local channels, football is hard to come by. This has always been sad to me because the fall football season is one of the things I'm most nostalgic about from my childhood. I love the whole feel of it. Tailgating, little kids with their faces painted, the marching bands, the obnoxious crowd chants. It just isn't fall without football.

But now I've discovered how to watch it online and it is uncanny how much the sound of it in the other room transports me back. I can almost smell the cut grass, the leaves, even the grills. I'm feeling particularly nostalgic because I picked a university without a football team.

I know. I didn't even know they had those either.


Anyway, if you'd like to watch football online too, just go to ESPN3 and scroll to your sport of choice (football, naturally). They do live games too, but I'm not sure how that works, so you'll have to figure it out on your own.

*Disclaimer: I'm not getting paid by ESPN to write this. And if this doesn't work overseas I apologize for getting your hopes up.

Happy fall!

No comments:

Post a Comment