Friday, September 9, 2011

Settling in to the new job

Hey!

It's been ages since I posted, I realize that. But it's all for a good cause. I think I mentioned before that I've got a new job. (right?)

Anyway, it's absolutely great. I like my coworkers, I have lots of time to do readings, and it pays more than they advertised - which is weird, but who's complaining?

My only problem is converting my brain and body back into crazy mode, where I work from 8-5 then immediately rush off to class for 2-3 hours. I'm not sure how all the Type-A's do it, but for me, there isn't really a lot of brain function going on after a full day of work. I've taken to writing down potential comments for class while I'm at work and still capable of rational thought.

So as you can imagine, I haven't had much time for blogging. Or visiting the sites of DC, or reading edifying literature. My only remaining hobby seems to be cooking. And with all the rainy weather I've mostly been wanting to cook cold-weather foods. I made moroccan food the other day and except for mixing up cucumber with zucchini it went well. (They really do look exactly the same to me.) Next week maybe I'll make some chili, or mashed potatoes or something. If I do cook anything good I'll make sure to post a picture.

No comments:

Post a Comment