Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Important research

So there I was, minding my own business online...

I was trying to find more information about the mini earthquake they had recently in Montenegro. There wasn't much available, so I clicked on this* site since it looked vaguely promising. And Oh. my. goodness.

Jackpot.

You just never know what you're going to find online. This site happened to be an 'end-of-the-world (no, for real!)' site and it was pretty much everything you'd expect/want it to be.

Exhibit A: the Categories list

(How on earth did they think of 3092 unique things to say about society's collapse?!)

Exhibit B: the Sponsors of the site

Paintball = the end of the world. I knew it.

Exhibit C: the sense of impending doom
'(redacted) has obtained information that an event of unknown severity may occur within the coming hours or days'
Direct. Quote.

Exhibit D: Countdowns
There is a section devoted solely to the countdown to December 2012 (450 days 3 hours 35 minutes and 19 seconds!) and the countup(?) of the national debt.

Exhibit E: There is a place after each post to mark your reaction. I'm thinking of including this in my blog now. [Do you find youtube videos -important -eye-opening -scary -sad?]

Exhibit F: The survey in the sidebar?
War with china... inevitable, won't happen, probably, or necessary?

Well, I could go on, but I should stop. This is probably a good time to link to a particularly funny site I found last week full of zombie apocolypse-preparedness plans. It's never to early to start planning.


*I'm not posting a link to the site because I'm actually opposed to the message they are sending, but if you want to search it out for yourselves I am sure you'll enjoy it as much as I did.

No comments:

Post a Comment