Friday, August 12, 2011

Making me proud

I don't know if you remember my encounter a few months ago with Southern food. But I'm proud to say that the midwest has an answer to porkorn.

Drumroll please....


Yes, you read it right. Fried Butter on a Stick. I read an article claiming that it isn't as gross as it sounds, but I'm going to have to take their word for that, since there is no way I'm wasting my appetite on fried butter.

It's been ages since I've been on the blog, so let me just say that since my last post I flew back to my parent's place in the midwest, and I've been relaxing ever since. I've done all of the nostalgic summer things from my childhood, including eating lots of sweet corn, boating, going for picnics, and reading in the sun.

I have not been doing anything productive, and it's been wonderful.

I'm also planning to finish a couple of posts that I've been working on for ages now. The first is a guide to Sri Lanka for expats - since I lived there for a year. I thought maybe I'd make a mini guide to each place I've lived, but Thailand was awhile ago, and in Bosnia and Serbia I didn't get out much, so we'll see about that. But expect the Sri Lanka guide sometime soon. I'm also planning to post a guide to writing for the foreign service, based on some articles from State magazine and the writing seminar given to fellows. But all that will have to wait until my vacation is over. Til then!

No comments:

Post a Comment