Thursday, May 19, 2011

It's time to work (finally!)

I start my internship at state on Monday and I am excited. In fact, on the scale of 'excited-ness' I think I might have actually hit 'Splurge on an expensive coffee' and, well, it doesn't get much more exciting than that. (Really, coffee is way too expensive.) The problem of course is that the internship starts at a rather ungodly hour in my book. Apparently it takes a long time to orient student workers.

I've also been hard at work with the language and area studies that I'm doing (independently). I finished Bury Me Standing, and found a great site - Study Stack - to help me practice my vocab from Sumrak. (see this post)

Also exciting? I got a call from one of 'my' kids in Serbia last week. Only she wasn't in Serbia, she was in America! Thanks to the consular officer who gave her a visa. (Next year that will be me!) I hope the US blew her mind and I really wish I could have been there to hang out with her again. That's the problem with making friends when you travel - it is so rare that I actually get the chance to see people again once I've left. I can't wait until I have the cash to buy myself a ticket back to some of these places.

No comments:

Post a Comment