Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Dessert for one

So what did you have for dessert tonight? Was it cake in a mug (post mug) with homemade buttercream frosting? Yeah, I didn't think so.

Feel free to get jealous of me and my glamourous life now.

The cake-in-a-mug was actually really terrible, which is why I made the frosting - to make it edible. The frosting, however, was great.

Here's the recipe for buttercream frosting. It's really easy. To make enough for one mini cake I scaled down the recipe to replace 8 cups with 2 tablespoons and so on. Just keep the proportions the same and use a drop or two of vanilla.

And in case you're interested, strawberries are 3 for 5 dollars at Safeway. They also have the first substantial batch of peaches. Is the season already started? I hope so, because they smell amazing and they're perfect for topping cheerios in the morning. .... Not that I still eat Cheerios for breakfast or anything.

No comments:

Post a Comment