Friday, January 7, 2011

Winter



It has been a great winter so far. Of course, we're only 1/3 of the way through, and that third did include a gigantic Christmas vacation, but still, I think I've become something of a winter fan.

I cross country skied for the first time ever (thanks for letting me use your skis mom!) and really loved it.

I also went ice skating for the first time in at least 10 years.(The picture above is my mom, not me.) It was a little scary. The ice makes all sorts of weird noises and you can hear it cracking at times. But my wonderful father gave me a very detailed explanation of why it wasn't dangerous, and I guess he was right because I lived to tell the tale.

And of course, there was Christmas. I got to meet the newest generation of the family - I cannot believe how many people are having babies all of the sudden- and hung out with some family I haven't seen in ages. And I got all kinds of loot: a fancy camera for updating my blog, tons of clothes so I can stop dressing like a homeless person, all sorts of random little goodies.

No comments:

Post a Comment