Monday, January 24, 2011

Hitting the Wall

So I was running along today and I hit the wall, the Bureaucracy wall, to be exact. There's the impasse between the medical claims people and my insurance people, there's the tuition payment morass that is a mystery to everyone involved, including me, and now there's the tricky issue of how I am supposed to get to the Oral Assessment.

I mentioned a few months ago that I was not required to submit personal narratives. (I have that one in writing, thank goodness.) But apprently by failing to submit the personal narratives I, well, failed the personal narratives. So I got a letter from the QEP saying that my candidacy was over. Huh. I would be more flipped out if I actually thought they were terminating my candidacy. As it is, I'm still pretty sure that whoever is in charge of the fellowship just doesn't really communicate with the QEP people and I will get my OA invite later, probably at the last minute when I have 1,000 other things to do. Pretty standard. Still, a bit of a rough letter to get, even under the circumstances.

I tried to call around and get it sorted out, but as anyone familiar with the system can relate, the people who answer their phones don't know what's going on, and the people who do know don't answer their phones. So it might be awhile.
*sigh*

No comments:

Post a Comment