Friday, November 19, 2010

10 things I'm loving this fall (#3)


#3 Technology

I know, everyone loves technology, but sometimes it hits me what my life would be like without it. First of all, the year I just spent in Sri Lanka would have been an awful lot lonelier without Skyping my family (on two continents), emailing my friends, reading about their lives on facebook everyday, watching Lost over the internet, reading the New York Times, looking up recipes, and on, and on. Especially considering that I hope to be an expat again as soon as school is over this stuff makes a world of difference. I cannot imagine what it would be like to leave on a ship for another country, never knowing if you would see your loved ones again. I am so blessed to be living right now.

Oh, and I need to explain the picture. It's a picture of my printer. Which cost $30 and can print, copy, and scan. I might be a bit out-of-the-loop, but that just astounded me. Another thing that astounded me? My new phone. When I left the US last year people had normal phones. When I came back the cheapest phone I could get flips into two parts with a little keyboard. And it takes pictures. I could probably fly the space shuttle with it. Wow. Maybe that's the other reason I go abroad - it just makes coming home seem amazing. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment