Thursday, August 5, 2010

# 6 (whatever)


So number 6 on the 'best novels' list? The Sound and the Fury, by William Faulkner. Can I just say, it is the Worst. Book. Ever. Every time I open it I want to bash my head into the wall. If I weren't mildly OCD I wouldn't be finishing it, but we'll see. Maybe it will get better?

In other news, my security clearance is apparently off to a good start. Two friends have already had visits from scary government guys. I'm waiting for my own visit. Do I get one, I wonder? Still trying to figure out how to get the medical stuff reimbursed. I definitely don't have the cash to just let that one go. (Apparently chest x-rays are expensive.)

Other than checking books off my list, I've been having the perfect summer. Cooking at home, visiting friends and family, watching stupid action flicks and lying by the pool. Ahhhhh...

*footnote: I had fun picking the book cover that best reflected how boring this book was/is. In the end this was the best choice. No pictures = no fun. And they call this a classic? Even more than that, they call it one of the best classics!? Nowhere near Lolita. Give it a miss.

No comments:

Post a Comment