Wednesday, July 14, 2010

A Whole New World

America really is a whole new world, accessible only after a harrowing journey through the evil land of Jet Airways and Delta. Oh how I hate flying... But seeing my friends and family back home is pretty worth it.

I spent my first week back in the states in a daze, starting every sentence with 'well in Sri Lanka...', and marveling at the shininess and general abundance of America, even rural America. It's nice to be back, but it is just a bit like Disney World at times.

This week has been a whirlwind. My mom and I had a Julie & Julia day. (We watched the movie and cooked Bouef Bourgignon, it was awesome.) I met my sister-in-law for the first time ever. (She's great!) And I got the most thorough medical exam I've had in my life. (Thanks DoS, it's good to feel so healthy!)

I'll write again later, but here's a preview of the next few days: my brother's wedding reception is Saturday and our town's festival (Wait for it...BEEF DAYS, a celebration of beef!) is this weekend, and I will finally be getting back to my reading list.

No comments:

Post a Comment